Best Free Data Recovery Software – Are you facing a period of high stress and cleaning your PC from useless files did you realize that you have deleted important documents? Are the files that you have accidentally deleted of paramount importance and would you like to be able to recover them somehow? When you use a PC to archive and keep important data, you must always pay attention to the operations that take place, otherwise it could happen that you unintentionally delete documents that are essential for the management of work or for the management of personal activities.
Once the files stored on your PC have been deleted, it is very difficult to recover them especially if you do not know the suitable resources that allow us to carry out this operation, therefore we have decided to make a selection of Best free data recovery programs to suggest to those who have had such problems.
If you have come across this post, then you are looking for software capable of processing and processing deleted data in order to recover them, so our advice is to complete reading the post and learn about the programs in detail that could get you out of this unfortunate situation.
Best Free Data Recovery Software
Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery is the first Windows or Mac software we want to introduce to you. It is one of the best choices to recover all lost data on flash drives, hard drives, memory cards, digital cameras, camcorders, etc… It is capable of recovering 1000+ file types from all file systems such as NTFS, FAT, APFS, HFS+, HFS X, and others. It also comes with other innovative technologies regarding data recovery that other software does not have:
- ensures the integrity of your data because it has a patented technology through which your data will be completely recovered, maintaining the original format and dimensions;
- allows quick scan and preview of files so that you can quickly find lost data;
- one of the highest success rates to recover data from all loss scenarios;
- recover lost files without overwriting other files, thus 100% protect other files from being overwritten.
Surely Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery is one of the best data recovery software that you can try for free.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition , which we reviewed earlier , is a very useful software that helps us recover data from hard drive, USB media, SD memory card and other storage devices. The best feature of this free program is that it allows you to recover any type of file (images, videos and documents) deleted due to malfunction, formatting, virus attack or partition loss. In particular, the cases that this software manages are the following:
- Recovery from accidental deletion
- Recovery from an operating system malfunction
- File recovery after formatting
- Retrieve files from previously emptied trash
- Data recovery from a lost partition
- Recovery from failed hard drive
- Data recovery following a virus attack
- Recovery from a raw partition
Indeed, it is a software available to everyone and is also suitable for those who are unfamiliar with these types of tools. For definitive data recovery you can proceed as follows:
- Launch the EaseUS Recovery Wizard Free software
- Select the section where the data was lost
- Start the scanning process to find the accidentally deleted files
- View the complete list of files to recover
- Select only the necessary files to recover so as not to lengthen the process and obtain files of no interest
Finally, the software is also able to provide an overview of the various scans so as to have a report at hand that contains all the files recovered and manageable again on the PC.
If you have lost data located on your storage media and you don’t know how to recover them quickly, you can easily rely on a software created specifically for these inconveniences known as Recuva. It is a completely free program that allows you to recover files from hard disks, USB sticks, digital cameras, MP3 players and SD memory cards by simply following the wizard provided by the software itself. Compared to other similar software, Recuva also allows you to recover files from newly formatted media and offers a deep scan mode that thoroughly scans and scans the various media until it can find all the deleted data. Essentially the recovery process starts like this:
- Launch the Recuva program on your PC
- A screen will appear in which you have to choose the type of file to recover
- Select the type of file by adding the classic tick
- Choose the location to recover files from (“ not sure ” option to recover files from all locations)
- Click on the forward button
- Click Start to begin the recovery process
- Wait a few seconds for the operation to complete
- A list of all deleted files will appear
- Select the files that we really intend to recover
- Finally, click on Recover
Pay close attention to how files are marked by the program, this will allow us to understand if it is possible to recover them or not. The icons next to the file name can be:
- Green : Fully recoverable files
- Orange : Partially recoverable files
- Rossi : Unrecoverable files
If by chance we do not find the desired files with this procedure, we can always resort to using the deep scan which will carry out a long search (even more than an hour) and will try to find the data not previously recovered.
Disk Drill is another software that can scan and recover any type of data from any specific storage medium for free, including hard drives, external hard drives, digital cameras, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android devices, USB media, e-readers and SD memory cards. The primary qualities of this particular software are:
- Recovery Vault feature – Adds some kind of filter (level) to the recycle bin to keep track of deleted files
- Guaranteed Recovery feature : manages to create a copy of every file moved to a given folder
In addition , Disk Drill is able to access and read the contents even of devices that are not working or that no longer enjoy full functionality, so it is a real lifeline when you accidentally lose data.
Another useful software that can be of paramount importance when data is lost from storage media is Glary Undelete . It is a software that can be used only and exclusively in the Windows environment and its download is completely free. We can absolutely confirm that this software, in addition to analyzing the internal disk of the PC, is also able to perform recovery on removable media such as USB sticks, memory cards, external hard drives and other removable media. Essentially the main features of Glary Undelete are:
- Full support of FAT, NTFS, NTFS + EFS file systems
- Recover compressed, fragmented and encrypted files
- Recover files on removable media
- Allows you to filter your file searches
- Carry out an analysis on the possibilities of recovery
We conclude today’s review with the latest software that can recover unknowingly deleted data called FreeUndelete . It is software available free of charge and usable only and exclusively in the Windows environment and for strictly personal use. The software essentially processes files on NTFS (1.0 and 2.0), FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12 media and to use it correctly you need to make sure you:
- Stop all activity on the hard drive to be processed
- Correctly install the program on your PC
- Have an OS higher than Windows 98, Windows 98 SE and Windows ME
Furthermore, in order to exploit the program to its full potential, the following system requirements must be met:
- OS Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 2003 Server, 2008 Server or newer
- 256 – 1024 MB of Ram
- Memory space equal to 10 GB
- Screen resolution 640×480 or higher