For some time now, knowing how to report someone on Twitter has become a necessity for some users or people who, for one reason or another, have been unjustly harmed or harmed by other users who roam freely and violate the service’s policies Twitter. Well, if you need to know how to report someone on Twitter and you don’t know how? Don’t worry… Here at Practical Resources we are here to help you and that is why we have prepared a practical guide so that you know how to file a complaint on Twitter, whether it be for insults, abuse, harassment and many other reasons that sadly harm this online social communication service.
How to Report Someone on Twitter
Before denouncing on Twitter | First clarifications
- Every major online service has certain general usage policies, and Twitter certainly isn’t escaping it. For this, and even if it always seems silly, it is necessary to review in this case the Twitter rules and the terms of service to know how to proceed and develop smoothly and logically, this should be done even more on Twitter, when it is not clear: what is reportable on Twitter? and what is not reportable on Twitter? .
- Of course, it should be noted that Twitter takes very seriously the complaints issued by users or people who, unfortunately, have had to face a problem that afflicts them in this social network and to deal with this, it has a team or staff that receives complaints , collects them and tries to give an answer based on the problem and that is why this type of service must be used responsibly and seriously, since the improper use of this support damages the attention on real and important problems that can arise someone on twitter and in case it is not clear if something is reportable, it should be discovered and investigated in the twitter support guide.
That said, we’re going to look at what’s reportable on Twitter and then, how to report someone on Twitter so they’ve clarified the process.
So what’s reportable on Twitter?
Undoubtedly, there is a wide and diverse range of situations or reasons that deserve reporting and, of course, Twitter offers in its general guidelines , the details of each of these. Now, and in a general way, they can be classified into 3 types:
- Report content and misuse of Twitter
On Twitter, there is a certain freedom to communicate and share content. However, there are some logical boundaries that shouldn’t be violated as-is, trademark use , copyright , explicit content , illicit use (illegal activity), and misuse of Twitter badges .
- Report abusive behavior
Freedom of expression and of opposing the truth is always a good and it is a common good which is obviously always welcome. However, when expressing yourself transgresses certain boundaries, it is reportable, such as violent threats (direct and indirect), harassment , hateful behavior , serial reporting , publishing private information , identity theft and self-inflicted harm by one or more users .
- Report as spam
Undoubtedly Twitter cares about the safety and security of its users and that is why some technological abuses and the evil known as spam are not welcome on this social network and therefore the illegal use of usernames (quantity of created accounts, creation of accounts with one or more names that prevent others from using them, creating accounts to sell them and others), spam in invitations, selling usernames, malware and identity theft (phishing), spam in all its spectrum.
How to Report Someone on Twitter
Well, let’s get to the practical part of the article, which consists in answering the question graphically: how to report someone on Twitter, as such? There are 3 options for filing a complaint and they are as follows:
- Complaint as a registered user : if you have a Twitter account, then you just need to log into your account and then go to the profile of the user who violated the Twitter community policies and rules and now you need to click on the overflow icon which can be displayed alongside to the follow or follow button (depending on whether you follow him) of the profile you want to report.
Then, a window will appear with various options and they will have to click or press on « Report to @username » in case they are on a desktop computer and press the gear icon (iOS) or the overflow icon ( Android) to then correctly and clearly select the issue with that Twitter user and the complaint can be issued
Read Also:- How to Recover Twitter Account
- Reporting a Tweet : In case you need to report a tweet, you will need to log into your account and then search for the Tweet you wish to report. Once found, the ” v ” icon located at the top of the Tweet (in the app for iOS and Android) will be pressed and if you are on the web, you will click on the suspension dots icon
Then, « Report Tweet » will be selected and after that, the type of problem you want to report will be marked and in case you select Is offensive or harmful, you will be asked to provide more information. Read more about this type of complaint here .
- Registered or unregistered user : in case you have or not an account on the Twitter social network and you actually need to report something, you can do it fairly, by accessing the Twitter support page where you will be asked to complete a form by ticking or marking which can help you and then, follow the instructions they offer to file your complaint and Twitter Support can take action on it.
In summary and in general terms, this is the way to report someone on Twitter and it is advisable, in case of doubt or insecurity, to clearly read the policies and rules of Twitter as well as the detail of what can be reported where everyone is subject or period and, finally, you are asked to use the reporting service strictly in cases that justify it and not in an unscrupulous way that could make someone have a bad time with your Twitter account