How to translate PDF documents online – The PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a very common file format for exchanging texts, for this reason there are documents of every shape and language on the web. Sometimes we need to translate PDFs, some mistakenly extract the text to feed it to services that allow you to translate into other languages. In fact, this would be the long way.
In this article we will see how to translate PDF online quickly, for free and without making your life too complicated.
How to translate PDF documents online
Translate PDFs and documents on the internet with Google Translate
We’ve already talked about Google’s amazing translation service and the tricks to making the most of it . Google Translate now also leverages AI to provide more accurate translations.
If you want to translate a document into PDF just:
- go to the Google Translate page ;
- click on the ” Documents ” button at the top right ;
- always at the top, choose the language of the document (it is advisable to leave “ Detect language “) and the one in which you wish to have the translation;
- drag the PDF into the appropriate box, or click on ” Choose file ” and choose it using the file explorer;
- once the file has been uploaded, you can click on the ” Translate ” button;
- Once the translation is complete, a new web page will open containing the translated document.
As you can see, everything is very simple and fast. But as a good rule of thumb, we invite you not to trust too much the automatic translation of the text and to check it again manually (to correct any and probable errors).
Translate PDF online with Doc Translator
Just to meet the needs of those who translate documents, a convenient free site was born (they accept donations). The site uses the Google Translate API but, unlike the Google service, it allows you to preserve the formatting of the document (thus saving a lot of time).
Using Doc Translator is very simple, just:
- go to the Onlinedoctranslator.com ;
- click on the orange button in the center of the interface with the words ” Translate now “;
- drag the PDF document to be translated into the appropriate box or click on the ” Upload file ” button and upload the document using the file explorer;
- immediately choose the language of the document and the one into which you want to translate the document;
- then click on the orange ” Translate ” button and wait for the process to complete;
- once the translation is complete, click on the writing “ Download your translated document! “.
At this point you will have a PDF translated into the desired language. Attention, also in this case it is difficult to avoid typos and imperfections, so we advise you to manually check the translation of the document.
Doc Translator in addition to translating PDF files also supports document format files: docx, odt, xlsx, pptx.
Translate text files online for free with DeepL Translator
It is a convenient site that uses neural networks to carry out translations, often offering excellent results. In all likelihood DeepL Translator is the best alternative to Google Translate to translate PDF online. Unlike Google’s solution, the supported languages are a limited number: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.
Unfortunately Deepl Translator has two limitations: it does not support PDF files but only Word documents (docx) and it does not allow modification of the downloaded file.
So if you have a PDF file before using this service you need to convert it to docx. Converting files from PDF to docx is simple, there are many dedicated conversion services on the internet .
Once the file is converted, using DeepL Translator is easy, just:
- go to the Deepl ;
- click on ” Translate File “;
- select the document by dragging it, select the language on ” choose the target language “;
- wait for the translation time and download the translated document.
Using word to translate texts
Microsoft Word is the word processor from Microsoft, not everyone knows that from the 2013 version it is possible to import and translate PDF files.
The excellent Bing Translator will automatically translate the document into PDF format.
Using the function is very simple, just:
- open the PDF in Word ;
- click on the ” Review ” tab, and then on the ” Translate ” button;
- then you can choose the item ” Translate document ” (to translate the whole file), ” Translate ” selected text or ” Mini translator “;
- choosing will open a dialogue menu that will ask for the language in which you want to translate the document, then just click on ” OK “;
- finally, a web page will open with the translated document or section of the document.