10 Best Podcast Recording Software in 2023 – Creating podcasts is a pretty straightforward process. All you need is a quiet room, a microphone and recording software. However, with all the options available on the market, finding the right program for your needs can be a real challenge. That is why we have chosen to compile for you a list of the 10 Best Podcast Recording Software in 2023 through the various products to find the one that best suits your needs.
10 Best Podcast Recording Software in 2023
Logic Pro X needs no introduction for the more experienced podcasters, being a very famous and highly appreciated DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) in the sector for decades now. However, Logix Pro X’s recording capabilities are too powerful for novice podcasters, clearly intended for professionals designing audio and sound effects for film and other advanced-level projects.
Among the numerous tools for customizing podcasts made available by Logic Pro X we find the insertion of sound effects, vintage equalization and the simulation of acoustic spaces. As already mentioned, however, producing podcasts using this DAW requires previous experience. Anyone new to the world of podcasting will have a hard time mastering Logic Pro X. Otherwise, the program is only compatible with Mac computers running at least version 10.13.6 of the operating system.
- It offers professional audio recording tools
- Rich selection of sounds and plugins
- It supports 24-bit/192kHZ audio recording
- It allows you to add over a thousand stereo and surround audio tracks to the timeline
- High technical requirements
- Available for Mac only
Compatibility: Windows, Mac
Audition has been part of the Adobe Creative Suite since its inception. Over the past two decades, the application has earned an outstanding reputation as one of the best products for audio editing and editing.
This DAW features a wide range of audio recording and editing tools, allowing professional users to create soundtracks suitable for any kind of project. Just take a look at Audition’s list of tools and you’ll understand that there’s nothing this software doesn’t allow you to do. Each recording can be customized and managed in basically any way imaginable. If you are looking for a program that allows you to record new episodes of your podcast, Adobe Audition could be the solution for you.
- Powerful Reverb and DeNoise effects
- Support for quality recordings on over 32 tracks
- Allows you to open projects created with Adobe Premiere
- It supports batch processing
- It provides an amount of audio editing tools that exceed the needs of podcasters
- Designed for professional users
Compatibility: Mac, iOS
This recording studio is an especially popular option among podcasters, because it offers a variety of features for free. GarageBand allows you to record songs on over 250 tracks, make multiple recordings, select the best one and share your podcasts on SoundCloud.
In addition, this DAW facilitates the mixing and mastering of audio files, allowing podcasters to perfect their audio files before sharing them with the audience.
That’s not all, because GarageBand has a visual equalizer that includes 8 separate sections, marked with different colors, ranging from bass to treble. The very rich collection of plugins offered by this recording studio also allows you to make each podcast unique and dynamic, so as to amaze listeners with each new episode.
- Great features for recording podcasts on Mac and iOS devices
- Presence of advanced tools for audio editing
- Wide range of file sharing options
- More convenient than other podcast recording software
- Requires some experience in audio recording and editing
- It is not available for Windows computers and Android devices
Compatibility: Windows, Mac
Experienced podcasters, audio recording professionals, and journalists can use Hindenburg Journalist to record conversations and interviews, or personal audio. In addition to allowing you to record new material, Hindenburg Journalist supports the import and editing of audio files of any type, regardless of bit rate or sample rate.
The Voice Profiler tool automatically generates equalization and increases the quality of your recordings by balancing the highs and lows. Hindenburg Journalist includes audio editing tools needed to remove any errors made during the recording, or to apply fade-in or fade-out effects. In addition, Hindenburg Journalist supports direct uploading to podcast hosting platforms, such as Loudness, Libsyn and Soundcloud. Using the program you can also add hosts, podcast details, RSS information, set the volume level, or select a different format for your files.
- Intuitive recording settings
- It supports all types of audio files
- Automatic equalization generation
- It allows you to upload audio files to platforms such as Sound Cloud, Loudness and Libsyn
- More expensive than other podcast recording software
- It features only basic level tools for audio editing
Compatibility: Mac, Linux, Windows
Audacity has been used for decades for recording podcasts. Although the program has a not very appealing interface, it is known as one of the best and most advanced audio recorders and editors on the market.
Audacity can be used to record in real time using a microphone or mixer, or to digitize audio files from other multimedia devices. In addition, Audacity allows you to choose whether to create 16-bit, 24-bit or 32-bit recordings. Any recorded podcast can be easily edited, by cutting or removing sections that you don’t want to include in the final version. This iconic software allows you to import and export files of any format, but does not support direct upload to podcast hosting platforms.
- It offers a wide range of free audio recording options
- Allows you to capture high quality audio
- Rich collection of audio effects
- It supports all the most used audio formats
- Entry-level audio editing tools
- Outdated interface design
Welcoming new guests for each episode of your podcast can be quite a challenge, considering everyone’s busy schedules. Luckily Zencastr meets podcasters, allowing them to conduct interviews directly online.
All you have to do is send a link to the desired guest and then let this outstanding podcast recorder capture the interview in 16-bit, 44.1k, lossless quality. Zencastr automatically separates tracks by guest to prevent any quality drops during recording. The application’s soundboard makes it easy to add intros and outros to any podcast. Just a couple of clicks. All interviews recorded with Zencastr are automatically edited, saving the user the effort and time required to manually adjust audio levels. However, the free version of Zencastr has limited functionality, allowing you to invite a maximum of two guests and record a maximum of 8 hours per month.
- It does not require installation
- It allows you to carry out remote interviews with studio quality
- Zencastr allows you to use a voice chat
- Offers 10 hours of automatic post-production per month
- The free version of Zencastr has limited features
- It does not allow you to share recorded audio directly to podcast hosting platforms
This online platform simplifies the process of creating podcasts by offering automated audio editing services. All you have to do is upload the files to edit and Alitu will take care of improving their quality.
The theme creation tool allows you to generate a soundtrack for your podcasts, and ID3 information is automatically added to each audio file processed by the application. On top of that, Alitu allows you to create solo recordings and publish them directly to Podbean, Libsyn, Blubrry and other podcast hosting platforms. On the other hand, it must be said that the automatic audio modification functions are not powerful enough to compete with the tools made available by more advanced and even more convenient products for recording podcasts. Also, the collection of audio filters and plugins is quite limited, especially when we consider the price of the app.
- Quick and easy podcast registration process
- Support for a variety of audio formats
- It allows you to easily upload podcasts to platforms like Libsyn, Buzzsprout, and the like
- Great feature for removing background noise
- It does not allow you to manually adjust the audio file settings
- Limited recording and editing functions, but at a high price
Compatibility: Windows, Mac
ProTools is almost certainly one of the oldest DAWs on the market, and without a doubt one of the best. This professional audio recording and editing software offers all the features you could want to produce new episodes for your podcasts.
Among the various operations that can be performed with ProTools, should you choose it to record your podcasts, you will find the mixing of multiple tracks and the addition of effects to the recordings. The software also allows you to collaborate with other members of your team via the cloud and share your recordings using Avid Link. The recording features provided by ProTools can be excessive for those who take their first steps in the environment and lack previous experience. If you are part of this segment of users, we advise you to opt for a simpler and less demanding product to record your podcasts.
Compatibility: iOS, Android, Web
Conducting interviews remotely with Ringr is a breeze. All you have to do is schedule the interview and connect via the app. As soon as the conversation has started, Ringr will start recording. At the end of the interview, the app will stop recording and the audio produced will automatically be uploaded to the Ringr platform.
Ringr automatically merges the files created for each participant in the conversation, thus increasing the audio quality. All recordings made with the application’s Basic subscription are saved as Mono MP3 files. Once you have completed the automatic audio change process, you can download your recorded conversations. Be careful, though. Conference Calling options are only available for Premium and Enterprise subscription models.
- It allows podcasters to conduct interviews remotely
- Effective call scheduling tools
- Unlimited number of calls that can be made with the app
- Fast download process
- The number of possible registrations depends on the subscribed subscription plan
- No audio editing tools
Ecamm – Call Recorder for Skype is not really a program for recording podcasts. It is first and foremost a tool for recording Skype conversations. However, podcasters who usually interview guests via Skype can use this Mac app to record calls without difficulty.
For more information on How to Record Skype Calls with Ecamm – Call Recorder, click here.
Once the recording session is finished, the application allows you to select whether to export it as an MP3 audio file or HD video file. The lack of basic editing tools, effects and plugins makes Ecamm – Call Recorder for Skype a poor choice for podcasters who want to polish their content before sharing it with the public. Basically, this Mac app can be a good complementary tool for recording interviews remotely, but it may not satisfy those looking for a product for regular podcast creation.
- Easy setup of recording sessions
- It allows you to export recordings as audio or video
- Great for conducting interviews via Skype
- It does not require previous experience in the field of audio recording
- It lacks audio editing tools
- It does not allow you to upload audio files directly to podcast hosting platforms
Each of the programs we have presented to you offers outstanding tools and functions to record audio and create podcasts of impeccable quality. Whether you wish to limit yourself to registering or prefer to be able to modify and personalize your content before publishing it, there is no shortage of solutions adapted to your needs. So which software will you choose to record your podcasts? Feel free to write a comment to let us know!Post navigation